Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Two-Color Quilt

Back in April, when it was supposed to be Spring but still felt very cold, I was in the mood to make a bright quilt - since it was so dreary outside. I went shopping for fabric and saw all of these really great green ones! I love how bright and cheery they seem, not to mention that they run the whole spectrum of light to dark. I especially love the green and blue paisley one on the right end, so I bought extra of that one.

They have been sitting in my sewing room for the past few months patiently waiting for me. I am now ready to get started...yeah!!! Better late than never, as they say. I think I'm going to do small half-square triangles in a scrappy look with three borders. The total size will be about 60" by 60", give or take a little as I haven't figured out all the measurements yet. I have a white-on-white fabric that I bought for it too, but it's not in the picture. So enough blogging for today...time to get sewing!!! =)

3 comments:

erica e said...

anna! i'm so excited to see your blog! i love these greens and think it will be such a great springy quilt! i'm anxious to see your progress on it!

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it!

Brittany said...

I really like the paisley fabric too! I just started making earrings a couple of months ago - it's really easy and fun! I haven't tried selling any of them, although Mikal thinks I should try it out and see if anyone would be interested. Everything to make earrings with was on sale at JoAnn's one week and I though I'd give it a try.