Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Discoveries...

I have been finding all sorts of wonderful things searching through everyone's blogs! It's like a whole new world has opened up to me...a world full of creativity and imagination. I am so impressed with all of the unique and beautiful creations that I see people posting about on their blogs. You all make me want to dive right in and try something new!


As I was jumping from blog to blog to blog the other night, I found a whole new style of quilt - cathedral windows!!! I don't know where I've been over the years, but I've never heard of this pattern before. I immediately fell in love with the design and knew I had to try it out. I grabbed some scraps and here's my first attempt...

I am somewhat of a perfectionist, so it's going to take some more practice to get it down, but I really love it and I am excited that it's a quilt as you go kind of project. So, when it's done it's done...no taking it to the quilter and no binding. The tutorial I used I found at Hyena in Petticoats....another neat blog.

I also came across a recipe for "Death by Chocolate Zuchinni Cake" on my friend Crystal's blog. Since I had the day off today, and I was feeling quite domestic (doing 6 loads of laundry, cleaning out the fridge, etc.), I decided to try it out. I even included some berries that I picked from my garden. The best part is the cake tastes even better than it looks!!!

Yesterday was Pioneer Day and I got to spend some time with one of my cute little nephews, Logan. We went to 'Taste of Utah Valley' yesterday and stuffed ourselves sick...the food was so delicious. A couple of weeks ago he broke his arm playing on a bunkbed...the kid has no fear! He picked a light blue cast, as you can see, and it stays on for about another month.


3 comments:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Your Cathedral Windows are looking gorgeous!
Thanks so much for the link love - I can't wait to see more of your quilt as it grows.....

Cheers,

Leah xxx

erica e said...

wow! the cathedral windows look so great! i'm really impressed. are you planning on making a whole quilt or a table runner? it looks cool on your table in that pic. can't wait to see more.

sewtakeahike said...

Thanks for the inspiration Anna! Your quilt is looking great, I just may have to try this although it would definitely be a slow going process... you definitely turned me onto this project when you said you don't have to quilt it when it's done. Thanks also for the link to the tut.
~Penny
btw, your blog design is great!!! and hugs to your nephew (if he would hold still long enough to get one!)