Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008
Loch Lomond Quilters:

I just realized that the group photo in the slideshow cuts off Amy on the right side, so here is shot of all of us...the Loch Lomond Quilters:


From left to right: Back row: Dana, Jackie, Kristin, Elisa, Miranda, me, Amy; Front Row: Meghan, Michelle, Erica, Elizabeth, Jennifer


Yesterday was the Loch Lomond Quilters' Quilt Show and it was such fun! It was so nice to get together with everyone surrounded by all of the beautiful quilts. Loch Lomond Quilters was started when we all lived in a subdivision named Loch Lomond in Saratoga Springs...all but two have since moved away to other parts of Utah and even out of state. It was nice to see people that I hadn't see for quite some time and catch up. The weather was beautiful, the treats delicious, and the quilts...amazing! Everyone does such beautiful work and we all have such individual styles...it's really neat to see. Every year since 2004 we have done a block exchange...this year will be our fifth exchange...and it always amazes me that everyone's quilts can look so unique and individualized, even though they contain the exact same blocks.

I even won an award! It was for the back that I pieced on my Nell's Flower Shop block exchange quilt from 2006. The award was 'The Most Top Worthy Back'. That was fun to win an award! If you look through the slideshow, you can see the award and the quilt that it was for.

I'm so grateful to have such wonderful, talented friends....they have each blessed my life in their own special way. Isn't it great that we get to have hobbies and friends and joy in life! I'm grateful for my love of quilting and for the friendships that it has allowed me to develop. Thanks again to everyone who came to support us at our quilt show...it was greatly appreciated! =)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun...the quilts are beautiful!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

I went to Denise's (my mother in law, I'm sure you figured that one out haha) quilt show last month. I love them, the last one I went to I found the PERFECT idea for a quilt I am going to make. I am so excited to make it! We aren't living near you, that would be really fun though. We looked at a house right in Loch Lomond actually, but the house didn't strike our fancy. We are living in American fork. It's a townhouse and it's in a gated community. It is so cute! They are still building ours so we can't move in until the end of November. But that is good, I will have plenty of time to pack. : ) We should still get together and figure out couponing. Chris wants me to get back into it. Last week I bought 32 bags of cereal for 98 cents! It was fun! Sorry for the WAY long comment.

Elizabeth said...

It was so much fun and so fun to see everyone! Now I want to decorate my yard in quilts all the time!

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing all of the lovely quilts with those of us who couldn't attend. Sounds like you all had a great time;)

Kristine said...

All of those quilts are so beautiful! So sorry I couldn't come, I had the kids all afternoon. Great job though, to all those lovely quilts! Very inspiring.

Dandelion Quilts said...

How cool! Look at all of those pretty quilts and pretty quilters. :) It is great to have friends, isn't it?

Browndirtcottage said...

hey...thank you...i'm glad you liked my stars!