Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm So Excited for Tomorrow!

I'm so excited...I know, I know...I've been excited a lot this week...but, hey, it's been a good week! Tomorrow is our quilt show...and you are all invited to come. I'd love to see you there. We will have yummy food, prizes, and of course...quilts! =)
Kristin of Sadie Bird is hosting the show. She is one of my friends and recently started a long-arm quilting machine business. She is so talented at everything she does...not to mention an excellent mother to her three beautiful children and a wonderful wife for Paul. Her quilts are absolutely beautiful, and so is her shop! She is opening her machine up to the public, so if you want to learn to machine quilt using a long-arm machine, please contact her. This last Wednesday, I was able to go and get some instruction on the machine and it was so fun...I'm hooked! I wish I could say that I'm already very good and fast at it, but that would be a lie...it took me about 2.5 hours to quilt a 2-yd piece of muslin, but I had a lot of fun doing it and I can't wait to take in a 'real' quilt to machine quilt all by myself! I'm hoping to have one ready to go sometime next month. I left with new ideas running through my head of what kinds of quilts I'd like to make and what I'd like to quilt on them...I've been thinking about it ever since. I've even been looking at everyday objects in a new light...you never know where inspiration will strike! I think I'll be doing loops for my first quilt, though...I seemed to have the best success practicing those the other night, but I did pretty good with the stars and a couple of others too.

Thanks again, Kristin...I had a lot of fun, and I love your new machine. Thank you so much for your friendship over the years...I feel blessed to be able to call you my friend. And, I'll be a customer for life, too! =)

4 comments:

Prudy said...

Best of luck on your quilt show. You have ever reason to be super excited!

Sherri said...

Have fun at your quilt show...hope you'll have some pictures to share. And congratulations on beginning machine quilting as well...someday I hope to be able to do that! Thanks again for stopping by my blog and always leaving such nice comments!

Sara said...

I hope your show went well and I can't wait to hear all about it! I would love a long arm, but I will dream for a while! Glad you also had fun using it! PS: I love your zoo pics!

Nanette Merrill said...

My daughters and I stopped by for a few minutes. What great quilts. You girls went to a lot of work to put that all together. We were on our way to Material Girls and so glad I made the byway stop to see your group's work.