Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Spooks

Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween!
We really get into Halloween at our house. My husband takes the day off from work...and I try to take it off or else leave early, too. We don't decorate our yard or anything until the day of Halloween so it's a surprise for all of the trick-or-treaters. Every year we make it a little different and add a few new things.

This year, we did a graveyard theme with lots of tombstones, bones, skeletons coming out of their graves, fog, bubbling cauldrons, rats, spiders, cobwebs, ghosts, pumpkins, bats, etc. Some of the things are motion-activated - that seems to be fun for the kids. Rick and I dress up in spooky costumes too.
Here are some pictures of our house before it got dark.Here is what it looked like at night.
You had to get the candy from Rick and I think he might have scared a few kids...some of them wanted to come to me to get their candy. We also had a table with all sorts of goodies - cupcakes, rice krispies treats, donut holes, cookies - and hot cider and wassail. The adults seemed to like that, and of course the kids did too. We went through about 100 cups of cider and wassail and about 150 treats...not to mention all of the candy that we gave away! We did have some repeat guests that came back for more treats on their way home. Some people even requested pictures with Rick. It was fun!
It was a great Halloween this year and we are already planning for next year. But, we are really looking forward to the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's holidays coming up!

6 comments:

spideybrian said...

Man!!! I'm bummed we missed it. We were busy handing out candy and scaring kids over here. Too bad, at least we know where to get some treats next year!!!

7packofbearss said...

You guys are so great!! My boys were planning ways to try to scare you for a week. They really look forward to seeing your house on Halloween. Thanks!

J♥M said...

We loved all the treats at your house! I love how you get into the whole thing and I don't know how I've missed out on this tradition! I'll have to take the kids out more often!

Sara said...

Wow, that is really cool. You guys do go all out! We don't even carve pumpkins anymore because we live so far out no one sees them. I really like your decorations and you and Rick look great!

Kristine said...

Love the decorations, we'll have to come by next year!

...Laura... said...

Your yard looks so awesome!! How fun! I love decorating...some day I'll get enough stuff to make my yard look great too! :) Happy late halloween!