Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Catch Up

Hello! Hope you had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving! I've been out of blogworld for a bit, but I'm back now and hope to be posting on a regular basis again. Sometimes life gets a little busy and keeps me from doing all the things I'd really like to be doing...I'm sure you can all relate! Anyway, here is what I've been up to:


We had a great Thanksgiving! We are lucky enough to live close to both my parents and my husband's parents, so we get to have two Thanksgivings...sometimes it makes for a long day, but we feel really blessed to have family so close.


We also saw Twilight the weekend that it came out. I LOVE the books, so I was really excited when they announced that they'd be making a movie. I wasn't too sure about the casting of Edward, but as I watched the movie, he started to grow on me and now I do see him as Edward. However, all in all, I was a little disappointed in the movie. To me, it just seemed to be different from the book...and the way that I imagined it to be in reading the book....but, that's the way it always is...books are always better than the movie. My husband and I rate the movies we see on a 1-10 scale...I gave it a 6. My husband thought that the scenery in the movie was really beautiful, as did I...I think I'd like to visit Forks one day.
Back in October, I signed up to participate in the We The People Swap III. I sent my package (forgot to take a picture before I went to the post office) to ****** the beginning of last week and look what I found in the mailbox today: Carolyn sent me these for the swap. A great table runner pattern (I've been wanting to make some runners for my table that I can switch out for the seasons) and this fun Dinosaur Uproar charm pack by Moda. I can't wait to use them! Thanks again, Carolyn!


I also received my Spare Change fabric squares during the last couple of weeks. I love scrap quilts, so I'm excited to sew these squares into a fun quilt:

I have had a little time to do some shopping, especially fabric shopping:
I bought this blue fabric for a blue and cream quilt block exchange my quilting group is doing. We'll all be doing the same block pattern, but we can choose our own fabrics...they just need to be blue and cream.


Now, I just need to finish my Christmas shopping and getting everything else ready for the holidays. This Friday, we're having our older nieces and nephews over for a sleepover...they're really excited! It should be a lot of fun....and nice for their parents too! =)

8 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Thanksgiving...everyone is sooo busy right now! But it's so much fun to get together with family...and you're lucky to have both sides close by!

erica e said...

i got this same blue fabric! but i only got 1 fat quarter of it so only 3 of my blocks will be the same as yours. i guess we must have similar taste! :)

Christina said...

It's always so fun to read your blogs and see all the projects you are working on.

Scott and Megan said...

Just wanted to say hello to my favorite neighbor! How ya doin? have a wonderful post-holiday monday :)

sewtakeahike said...

What a blessing to live close enough to your nieces and nephews that you can do a sleepover! How fun! Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good.

Sara said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It so nice to be near relatives at this time of year.
I have debated seeing the Twilight movie, but like you I always think the book is better. I will probably just wait for it to come out on DVD. Hope you have a wonderful time with the nieces and nephews!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Anna! Great swap packages. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

And what a COOL aunt and uncle you and hubby are. I'm sure your gift to the parents is VERY appreciated!

Lana said...

I know what you mean about the Twilight movie, the books were way better. I still enjoyed it though