Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scrapbuster Block

Hello!  I hope you're having a great weekend so far!

I think one of my favorite kinds of quilts are scrap quilts.  With the mixture of colors, tones, and fabric styles...it just feels warm and cozy.  And, it's a great way to use up all those little pieces of fabric.  Plus, I think scrap quilts make a great gift and they go with anything! 

Last week, I was asked to make an angel block for the 3x6 Mini Sampler Quilt Bee on Flickr.  The colors needed to be rainbow on a white background.  This what I decided to make:

It is a scrapbuster block using Little Miss Shabby's Scrapbuster Block Tutorial.  It was fun to make and went together quickly.  All-in-all, there are 48 little colorful squares, each finishing at 1".  I like the look of this block and am thinking of making an entire quilt out of this pattern.  She also has a tutorial for a block that's the reverse of this (white fabric where the colors are and colors where the white fabric is...but she used gray in her block), so maybe a combination of the two in a quilt would be fun.  Ready for the best part?  I really wouldn't need to buy any fabric!  I have TONS of scraps (enough for several quilts probably) and lots of white fabric...well, I may end up needing to buy a little of that, but white fabric is pretty inexpensive. 



So,  what is your favorite kind of quilt to make?

1 comments:

Sherri said...

This is such a great block...I've been wanting to make one, too!